Archive for June, 2009

Natalya, free pattern for a slouchy hat

Tuesday, June 2nd, 2009

PLEASE READ: 10th of January 2012,  a lot of people on Ravelry have noticed and complained that the stitch counts for the S/M size are NOT CORRECT. I’ve put an errata on the Ravelry page, but it seems a lot of people don’t read that part. So if you want to knit the S/M, beware that the stitch count is way off, I messed up the pattern there! A quick fix is to cast on 80 sts instead of 88, but it will make the hat a bit tighter.

I have given birth to a pattern, a design for a hat written down in both instructions and a chart. I used all the skills I have to complete a polished and clearly written pattern with a nice set of pictures and a clean layout. And now I want to share it with everyone.

I especially got a lot of XP working on my InDesign en charting skills, and I managed to up my photography skills too.

Here you go, the free pattern in PDF!

And check it out on Ravelry here.

Natalya Slouchy

(The pattern has only been test-knit by me so far, so please let me know if you have knit this hat and have anything to say about it.)

Some more pictures to convince you into knitting it, even though this is completely the wrong season!

Natalya Back

Natalya 3quarter

ETA 23/6/09: As you can see in the comments I made a mistake in rounds 23, it should say:

(p6, MB, p7, k1tbl) repeat to last st., p1

I fixed this in the pattern PDF so if you download it now, everything will be fine. But if you downloaded it before the 23rd of June, watch out for my mistake!